Boğaziçi Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü 34342 Bebek İstanbul Turkey.
olcay.coskun at boun.edu.tr
The last update is March 22, 2018.
I am interested in axiomatic representation theory of finite groups. My research is concentrated on Mackey functors, biset functors and related objects.
I am also interested in the algebraic combinatorics related to the representation theory of the symmetric group.
13) (with Deniz Yılmaz) Fibered $p$-biset functor structure of fibered Burnside rings, Algebras and Representation Theory (to appear)arXiv:1712.03460
12) The Dade group of Mackey functors for p-groups, Journal of Algebra, 470 (2017), 172-196. arXiv:1609.04787
11) Inducing native Mackey functors to biset functors, Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 219 (2015), 2359-2380. arXiv:1408.2627
10) (with Müge Taşkın) Sorting and generating reduced words, Archiv der Mathematik, 101 (2013), 427-436. arXiv:1301.5723
9) (with Müge Taşkın) Tower tableaux and Schubert polynomials, Journal of Combinatorial Theory Series A, 120 (2013),1976-1995. arXiv:1303.7389
8) (with Müge Taşkın) Tower Tableaux, Journal of Combinatorial Theory Series A, 120 (2013), 843-871.
7) Gluing Borel-Smith functions and the group of endo-trivial modules. Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society, 43 (2011), 912-926.
6) (with Semra Pamuk) Projective resolutions of globally defined Mackey functors in characteristic zero. Archiv der Mathematik, 96 (2011), 39-48.
5) Ring of subquotients of a finite group II: Pure bisets. Journal of Algebra, 324 (2010), 706-731.
4) Ring of Subquotients of a finite group I: Linearization. Journal of Algebra, 322 (2009), 2773 - 2792.
3) (with Ergün Yalçın) A Tate cohomology sequence for generalized Burnside rings. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 213 (2009), 1306 - 1315.
2) Alcahestic subalgebras of the alchemic algebra and a correspondence of simple modules Journal of Algebra 320 (2008), 2422 - 2450. Corrections to this paper.
1) Mackey functors, induction from restriction functors and coinduction from transfer functors. Journal of Algebra 315 (2007), 224 - 248.
1) (with Robert Boltje) Fibered biset functors.arXiv:1612.01117
2) (with Müge Taşkın) Pieri's Rule via tower diagrams.
1) (with Mehmet Arslan) The functor of complex characters of finite groups.
1) My PhD Thesis, A correspondence of simple alcahestic group functors, 2008, Bilkent, Ankara.
2) A short introduction to biset functors.
Zehra Bilgin (MS, 2012) (co-advisor with Arzu Boysal), Deniz Yılmaz (MS, 2015), Irmak Balçık (MS, 2016), Ruslan Muslumov (MS, 2017),
Resul Bedii Gümüş (MS) (co-advisor with Müge Taşkın), Turan Karakurt (MS), Ebru Beyza Küçük (MS), Gözde Sert (MS), Ayçin İplikçi (MS)
Mehmet Arslan, PhD (2018), Mehmet's Thesis, Mert Sevinis (PhD), Ruslan Muslumov (PhD).
July, 3-7, 2017 Feza Gürsey Center for Physics and Mathematics.
August, 7-19, 2017 Nesin Mathematical Village.
Professor, Boğaziçi Üniversitesi, 2017 - .
Associate Professor, Boğaziçi Üniversitesi, 2012-2017.
Assistant Professor, Boğaziçi Üniversitesi, 2009 - 2012.
Instructor, Bilkent Üniversitesi, one semester during 2007 - 2008.
BcS in Mathematics, Bilkent Üniversitesi, 2002.
MS in Mathematics, Advisor: Laurence J. Barker, Bilkent Üniversitesi, 2004.
PhD in Mathematics, Advisor: Laurence J. Barker, Bilkent Üniversitesi, 2008.
Research Associate, Advisor: Robert Boltje, MSRI, 01.2008 - 04.2008.
Junior Specialist, Advisor: Robert Boltje, UCSC, 09.2006 - 06.2007.
Math 111: Introduction to mathematical structures (2 sections).
Math 680: Topics in group theory
Summer: Math 101: Calculus I, Math 58K: Category Theory.
Spring: Math 102: Calculus II, Math 323: Rings, Fields and Galois Theory
Fall: Math 222: Group Theory, Math 58F: Modular Representations of Finite Groups.
Summer: Math 101: Calculus I, Math 48M: Topics in Group Theory.
Spring: Math 201: Matrix Theory (2 Sections), Math 58B: Schubert Calculus.
Fall: Math 521: Algebra I, Math 48F: Representations of Finite Groups
Summer: Math 101: Calculus I (2 Sections), Math 478: Groups & Geometries
Spring: Math 111: Introduction to mathematical structures, Math 58F: Modular representations of finite groups
Fall:Math 521: Algebra I, Math 201: Matrix Theory
Summer: Math 224 Linear Algebra, Math 101 Calculus I
Spring: Math 224 Linear Algebra, Math 48F Representations of finite groups
Fall: Math 101: Calculus I, Math 521: Algebra I.
Summer: Math 101: Calculus I
Spring: Math 322: Algebra II, Math 48I: Combinatorial Representation Theory, Math 680: Modular representation theory.
Fall: Math 321: Algebra I, Math 521: Algebra I, Math 58K: Finite group representations
Summer: Math 101 Calculus I
Spring: Math 111 Introduction to Mathematical structures, Math 412 Introduction to set theory.
Fall: Math 101 Calculus I
Spring: Math 322 Algebra II, Math 522 Algebra II.
Fall: Math 321 Algebra I, Math 521 Algebra I
Spring: Math 111 Introduction to mathematical structures, Math 102 Calculus II, Math 480 Seminar course
Fall: Math 58K Finite group representations, Math 101 Calculus I
Spring: Math 102 Calculus II.